SCRTD: COVID-19 Response
Here at SCRTD, our riders’ safety, health, and well-being is of the utmost importance. Our team is taking the following precautions to keep our riders safe during this pandemic:
- Plexiglass shields have been installed to help protect bus drivers.
- Limited seating on buses has been implemented to allow for social distancing.
- Buses have hand sanitizer stations available to riders.
- Free face masks are being provided to riders as needed to assist with their safety.
- Buses are cleaned daily with disinfectants and foggers.
- Buses receive a deep cleaning each weekend.
- Riders board from the middle entrance of the bus when available.
- Bus fares have been waved to decrease the financial strain on riders.
- SCRTD employees wear face masks as mandated by the state of New Mexico
- Soon, SCRTD will fit bus drivers with face shields to increase safety.
- Reserve drivers are available if primary drivers are experiencing symptoms or are ill.
To facilitate the safety of the communities we serve, SCRTD will be providing free rides to/from vaccinations.
- For a free ride, you must show proof of your appointment by showing your confirmation information or your vaccination card with appointment date.
For Further Information on SCRTD’s Response to Covid-19, Please Read the Following:
SCRTD January Newsletter
Las Cruces Bulletin: Transit Drivers see Protective Shields Installed on Fleet
If you have questions, comments, or concerns for SCRTD, please email us at SCRTDcomments@gmail.com or call us at (575) 323-1620
For more information regarding the Covid-19 Pandemic, please go to https://cv.nmhealth.org/